I create a unique key using the now() function, store that in the record and
then use it in the where clause.

Lorne

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Champagne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: May 10, 2005 14:59
To: CF-Talk
Subject: getting the record I just inserted

Hey all:

I am inserting a record into a table in my DB, and I want to grab the ID
of that record right after that.  Since the ID field is just an
Autoincrement, I won't know till it is inserted.  Is there an easy way
to do this?  I am sure this is an easy one, but I can't seem  to grasp
it right now.

TIA

Ray
Ray Champagne - Senior Application Developer
CrystalVision Web Site Design and Internet Services 603.433.9559
www.crystalvision.org

The information contained in this transmission (including any attached
files) is CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the
person(s) named above. If you received this transmission in error, please
delete it from your system and notify us immediately. If you are not an
intended recipient, please note that any use or dissemination of the
information contained in this transmission (including any attached files)
and the copying, printing, or retransmission of that information is strictly
prohibited. You can notify us by return email or by phone at 603.433.9559.

Thank you.