A few questions:

Is it good practice or wise to create an object in the server scope?  And if
so how long does it live?  I see in the administrator Memory Variables you
can set the application and Session time to live, but not server scope.

What I want to do.
<cfif (not structKeyExists(server, "MyPalAuth")) or isdefined("url.Flush")>
        <cflock name="Lock_MyPalAuth" timeout="5" type="EXCLUSIVE">
                <cfobject name="Server.MyPalAuth"
component="mycoms.MyPalAuth">
        </cflock>
</cfif>
I read this from Ben's new Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Application
Development book.  But he used Application scope.  I want the object to be
created once on our intranet and then invoke it when needed in more then one
application.  I could place it in the application scope, but then that would
mean for each application I would have to recreate the object.