I suppose I should describe where I am now.
The gnu-crypto.jar is in the folder listed in the java
settings class path.

I'm using create object on the page:

<cfscript>
// Create DES/ColdFusion Java objects
desObj = CreateObject( "java",
"com.gnu.crypto.cipher.TripleDES" );
</cfscript>

and this is the error.
Unhandled System exception !

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ClassFormatError for
class com.gnu.crypto.cipher.TripleDES. Java exception
occurred in call to method.

Maybe the only issue is that I'm missing librarys (I
only put in gnu-crypto.jar there are two javax jar
files that I didn't set up because I didn't think they
were needed)

--- "Simon Cornelius P. Umacob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>