From: Stuart Kidd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:07 PM
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: Re: CFFORM + FLASH

Didn't think of that! Okay, I will take that out and just check password on
the server side only.

On a different topic (sort of), is that the case for client variables also,
can users work a way of getting those?

Thanks,

Stuart

On 25/5/05 16:06, "Joe Rinehart"  wrote:

> Stuart,
>
> You're passing the user's correct password to the clientside - someone
> will figure out how to sniff it, it's not hard to open up Flash...
>
> -Joe
>
> On 5/25/05, Stuart Kidd  wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Thanks for that, that's perfect.
>>
>> Can I ask why it may come back and bite me in the ass so that maybe I can
>> fix it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Saturday
>>

>> On 25/5/05 01:45, "dave"  wrote:
>>
>>> for one you are trying to be sneaky with the password variable which of
>>> course
>>> can/will/shall come back to bite you in the ass.
>>>
>>> but, since this is what you are doing why not add some .as script to the
>>> filed just like you did with pw filed?
>>> onsubmit="if( numberOfReplies.text != '-------------------' )
>>> alert('please select an email option'); return false;²>
>>>
>>> ~Dave the disruptor~

>>> format = "Flash"
>>> skin = "haloBlue"
>>> width = "400" height="420"
>>> name="Part1"
>>> onsubmit="if( password.text != '#GetUser.password#' ) {
>>> alert('Password is incorrect'); return false;}²>
>>>
>>> I added the password validation and that worked no problem, but now Iıd like
>>> to make sure that a user always makes a selection from a combo box and NOT
>>> choose the value which is ³² (
>>>
>>> value="#GetAdvert.numberOfReplies#" selected>Currently:
>>> #GetAdvert.numberOfReplies#
>>> 5
>>> 10
>>> 25