>I don't think there's such a thing as a Javascript include function or
>method.

You might want to check out DynAPI at http://dynapi.sourceforge.net/.  This
library has (or had? It's been yrs...) a cross-browser include method.
Depending on the browser, it may either use <iframe>, <layer>, innerHTML, or
other ways to put external files to your web page.  You need not worry about
this because the details are abstracted from you.  The implementation may be
different depending on the brower, but the end effect is still the same.

>I've been wanting one for a LONG LONG time and never seen such a beast.
>
>Am I wrong?  Please tell me I'm wrong and that there IS a standard,
>cross browser way of including a javascript file that can reference
>other javascript files.

Fear not, for the second coming is already near.  Fear not, for the time of the
Browser Utopia is at hand!  Behold the prophesy:

"And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not
lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the
unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn
with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror."

-from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

Cheers,

[ simon.cpu ]