> I don't think I gave all the details. I have 7 instances of
> CFMX deployed on JRun4. I have about 20 VHosts for Apache. I
> thought that I HAD to use different connectors for each VHost
> because it had to know which JRun proxy to communicate with.

Oh, ok. Each instance requires a different connector. Each vhost does not,
if multiple vhosts share the same instance. However, if you have multiple
instances and multiple Apache virtual hosts, I suspect that each virtual
host will require its own connector. Unfortunately, I don't work enough with
Apache to know for sure. With IIS, this isn't the case.

> I am not sure I am following you, my goal is to do some application
> separation so that some rogue process within the portal
> application does not affect other parts of the site. So what I
> have done was to create another instance of CFMX on JRun and
> am running my portal application separating. Currently it has a
> context root of / but I could change it to /portal. but then how
> do i get the same virtual host to connect to the correct CFMX
> instance when it comes in? It seems like I can define only
> one connector per vhost.

Honestly, I don't work enough with multiple context roots using Apache to
tell you exactly how to do this - I'd need to set it up myself first.
However, if each application server instance has a separate context root,
you can connect multiple instances to the same virtual web server. I don't
know if you can do this directly from the wsconfig tool with Apache, though.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/