From: Douglas Knudsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 June 2005 10:08
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFLDAP connection timeout with dead server

have not seen that issue, we do have issues with CFLDAP under load
though, it flakes out. I'm writing a Java POJO right now to replace it,
this might help your situation also, dunno. After I get it working and
tested I'll release it around here.
 I do see this issue with cfquery though. If the DB server is down, in
my case if the TNS listner is not listening, the tag gets all hung up.
This is something I really wish they would get working better, wished
this since like version 4. Luckly its a very rare case that our phat
Oracle box has issues.