> I have a client who wants some data represented by boxplots.
> I've been unable to find software for CF which will automatically
calculate
> and graph the required information (upper quartile, lower quartile,
median)
> from raw data passed, so I need to find a way of performing these
> calculations myself and pass them to the graph software.

We have a customer that we calculate quartiles for (CF6.1, SS2K) and in that
application we draw line graphs and bar charts using jFreeChart, which I
believe can do boxplots although we don't currently use that part of it.
Worth a look if you don't mind doing Java.

Quartiles are not what you said. In colloquial use they are what Jochem
said, but our customer says

a) it is one value, not a set of values
b) the algorithm used by Excel is wrong

As you know, the customer is always right. We do it their way, with some CF
and SQL which is rather slow but not very complicated.

Nick