From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:02 am
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: MS SQL - Cannot Find Stored Procedure

> I've always seen it as a "best practice" I've seen no
> performance hits. I have to deal with FoxPro tables along
> with SQL Server, and this seems to work when the FoxPro guys
> make table changes.

That's about as far from a best practice as you can get, with MS SQL Server.
It's a terrible thing to do if you're using SQL Server, in most cases.
There's quite a bit of overhead in creating and destroying database
connections unnecessarily.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/