> both server used the same xml code, the code generated by
> Word when i saved the word prototype as *.xml. I didn't make
> any changes to the xml code, the only thing I added is a
> cfcontent tag at the bottom. When I load the saved cfm file
> on production server, it pops up the download wizard and
> opens the prototyped word doc. The file on dev server could
> compile and also has download wizard, but has error when it
> tries to open Word application. Error message is "A text/html
> declaration may occur only at the very beginning of input".
> The xml has caused me a lot of trouble, things will be a lot
> easier if I can get through this. Thanks for any help.

You will need to examine the document directly, with a regular text editor,
rather than opening it directly within Word. There are a variety of ways you
can go about this. If your browser prompts you to open or save the document,
save it, then open it with Notepad or another ASCII editor. If your browser
doesn't prompt you, you might fetch it with a command-line HTTP client like
wget.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/