On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Parker, Kevin spake thusly:
> Can someone help me with this little puzzle.
>
> I have a three page process structured as follows.
>
> 1. Menu page (test_id.cfm)
> 2. Form (CF)
> 3. Thank you and confirmation page (and processing template)
>
> When the user gets to the Thank you page I want to trap instances of hitting
> the Back button in the browser and send them back to the Menu Page, not the
> Form. I've tried this but for reasons unclear to me it sends the user back
> to the Form, not the menu page. Can anyone help please? (code below)

Why use Java? I have recently done this in CF.
You set a session variable called 'location' or whatever, init it to "" and
then have the menu page set it to itself. Then any other page can cal la link
to <A href="#location#"></a>

not too elegant, but it works even if someone has java turned off :)

> <script language="JavaScript1.2">
> <!--
> history.back('test_id.cfm');
> //--></script>
>

> ********************************
> Kevin Parker
> Service and Communication
> WorkCover Corporation
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> ph:  +61 8 82332548
> fax: +61 8 82332000
> ********************************

> This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. It may contain
> information that is protected by legislated confidentiality and/or is
> legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you are prohibited
> from disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail. Any opinion
> expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be that of the WorkCover
> Corporation of South Australia. Although precautions have been taken, the
> sender cannot warrant that this e-mail or any files transmitted with it are
> free of viruses or any other defect.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
> immediately by return e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and any copies.
 Jon Tillman
 LINUX USER: #141163
 ICQ: 4015362
 http://www.eruditum.org