S.Isaac Dealey wrote:

>>> For an application that might be deployed on any given
>>> OS/FS?
>>
>> Which OS/FS on which CFMX is supported does not have
>> snapshot capabilities?
>
> Don't they vary from one OS to the next? ...

They might even vary within an OS if you use a different FS. In
NTFS/CIFS it is hidden somewhere in the Shadow Copy Service, in
Linux the generic way would be to use LVM, in AFS it is a native
feature, in NFS it is usually some extension from the vendor.

And who knows, it might already be up and running. I just checked
with some of my shell accounts and half of the ones that promise
to make backups have hidden .snapshot folders where I can access
old versions of files :)

Jochem