From: Barney Boisvert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:03 AM
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: Re: mach II or fusebox?

In general, Mach-II is better suited for larger projects, as it's more
complex, and designed at enforced abstraction. For smaller projects,
that can get in the way, but it's very helpful when you got a zillion
components and a bajillion lines of code to manage.

Mach-II is almost always slower than FB4, because Mach-II program flow
is computed at runtime, while FB4 uses compiled execution plans that
are generated once and cached for subsequent requests. This behaviour
of FB4 is a significicant change from FB3, so perhaps that's why you
saw slowness with FB apps.

I suspect that there are more resources for FB4 than for Mach-II. The
FB community is larger, and there has been a dedicated push over the
past half-year to improve the amount of documentation available.

>From a purely subjective point of view, I prefer FB4 pretty much
hands-down over Mach-II. It's simpler, easier, more performant, and
the features it's missing compared to Mach-II aren't critical to me.
But it's all about personal preference. If you properly invest
yourself with either framework (or both!) you won't be disappointed.
Either one will meet your needs, as long as you're willing to give it
an honest chance.

cheers,
barneyb

--