>> Anyway, say I've got CFMX clustered--one instance on Machine
>> A and another on Machine B:
>>
>> If something hoses up CF on Machine B (an endless loop, for
>> instance), I don't want Machine A's cluster to keep trying to
>> serve up my CF app from Machine B.
>
>If this is a JRun cluster, it should stop serving requests on the
>unresponsive server automatically. That's part of the JRun cluster
>functionality. Beyond that, I don't think there's any way to share J2EE
>session variables without using a JRun cluster.

Yes, they are JRun clusters.

Okay, so should I just hardware load balance these servers, and stop worrying
so much? I could still use a layer 7 health check, but I guess that it wouldn't
really be checking CF health anymore, but instead, just the health of Apache
and its connector (which is still valuable to know).

Does this seem like a solid and robust plan? I'm just trying to do it the way
that the "big boys" do it.

Thanks again,
Jamie