I have looked at CFX_POP3 as a possible solution, and likely the interim
solution.  In this situation, I don't need the additional benifits of the CFX.
I was hoping to not become platform dependant by using this tag.

Another solution I'm looking at is using javamail directly.  Problem there is
that javamail may be the culprit and not CFMX POP3.

I was hoping to come into contact with Macromedia.  I attempted to submit a bug
using the form on their website but the email bounced.