I was involved in a discussion earlier today about the feasibility of
building a control panel like solution to allow for users to maintain items
like domains, emails, etc. (think cpanel) on the linux platform.  Not being
a linux person myself I was trying to find resources speaking to the
following:

-        Is there a way for cold fusion to have root level access without
being run under the root user?  i.e. some way to mimic the permissions.

-        If no, what are the explicit security concerns, if any, of allowing
cold fusion to run under root

-        Are these items things that can actually be accessed and scripted
via cold fusion.

Anyone have any good articles that would address this, google isn't coming
back with much for me.

Thanks,
Scott

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus.  Service provided by
Accurate Imaging, Inc.]