You know, the attributes exist in his directory (it's a directory of all
the students on campus - not AD) and they are all empty.  However, he
does not want to allow access to them because he doesn't know if they'll
be filled with information down the road.

I guess what I really need to know is why those attributes are being
requested so that I can convince him that the are harmless and only used
for software interfacing and nothing more.  I just don't know if it's
coldfusion that's asking for them, or the java subsystem.  And if it's
the java subsystem, would macromedia even have any information?

Thanks,
Mike