> We've a few projects here where we'll need some kind of an embedded
> DBMS. It'd be nice to avoid MySQL (because of the need for a
> commercial license), MSSQL (as it's Windows only and its embeddable
> form--MSDE--doesn't allow as many simultaneous connections as
> we'd need in a server environment), and Oracle (ha! ha! ha! and yes,
> I know about Oracle lite). I'm not confident enough in PostgreSQL on
> Window quite yet, SQLite and HSQLdb are inappropriate in the context,
> so Firebird appears to be the best fit.
>
> I've been running it on my laptop, fiddling around with it,
> and reading the documentation, and I like what I see so far.
>
> If anybody on the list has been using it for anything, I'd be grateful
> for any thoughts or stuff to watch out for.

You might take a look at Pointbase, which is the embedded Java database
server that JRun comes with. Offhand, I don't know if it gets installed if
you install CFMX in the standalone server configuration, but it does if you
install CFMX Multiserver.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/