So is there a way to make it work directly with blackberry, without
requiring the use of outlook?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Flynn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:35 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Blackberry calendar integration

> I believe the proper way to do this is to have the CF server CFMAIL
> the meeting request as an attachment, but check that Evolution thread
> for the issues.

This is exactly what we do. We have created a calendar app that allows you
to choose the staff to invite from a list when creating an event. It then
emails those people. In addition to having the event details in the body of
the email they get an attached .vcs file. They open it and save it to their
Exchange calendar. If you are running Blackberry Enterprise Server it will
sync. If you are running desktop redirect it should sync just like any other
change. The only problem we've encountered is when someone is away and their
Blackberry is their only access then they have to manually add it to their
calendar based on the information in the email text. I have not tried
accessing one of these messages with Outlook Web Access. Perhaps I should go
test that...

Let me know if you'd like more details or code.

Bob