> PROBLEM:  Want to dump results from a query into an
> excel file using the cfcontent tag.  This code worked
> in CF 3.0 but after upgrading to 4.5 it dumps all the
> data into one cell.  What is causing this and how do I
> get the data to dump into separate cells?
>
> I have attached the code.  It consists of two pages
> for simplicity.  There is a form page and an action
> page. Once you submit the form, the action page should
> open up excel and display the data in excel.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.  Again the problem is
> that the data is now being dumped into one cell
> instead of being separated.

One thing that strikes me is that you're including HTML tags in your output
file, which you're setting as "application/msexcel" using CFCONTENT.

Another thing is that you might use a comma as a delimiter instead of a tab
- it's more likely to work as desired.

Here are some examples:

http://www.figleaf.com/demo/mimetest/

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software