From:Jochem van Dieten [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "CF-Talk" ;
Sent: Jun 29, 2005 11:35:01 AM
Subject: Re: CF7 - 16 character limit on SQL passwords
Chase Seibert wrote:

> Looks like CF7 has a 16 character limit on SQL Server 2000 passwords.

Does it? I remember running into the problem in the CF Admin when
using a non-IE browser. It had to do something with the default
settings for processing a form and the fact that passwords get
longer when hashed. I think I filed a bug for that one, but I
can't find it in my records.

If the administrator has the limitation, that does not
necessarily mean the Admin API has the limitation too.

Jochem