Are you upgrading Pro or Enterprise? If you are upgrading Enterprise, you can
use the Archive and Deploy features as you suggested. I did it with a couple of
systems, one of which had six separate server instances on it. Just go into the
CF Admin for each instance, export all of the settings (except for the CFIDE
mapping) into a car file, then uninstall CFMX 6.1. Make sure you stop all
services if you have multiple server instances running as services.

Install CFMX 7 Enterprise. Run the configuration wizard from the browser after
the initial install finishes. Create your server instances using the server
manager features in CFMX 7 Admin. Go into the CF Admin for each instance and
deploy the car file for that instance. That should be it.

Rob