I have a dev copy of CF 7 running on a small server that I am using to
test some things out before upgrading to 7.  I had a strange problem the
other day and when I found the problem, I was thoroughly confused.  I
have a small web app (2 or 3 pages) that just queries some data from an
access database that is used by a desktop app.  The problem is related
to the typical access problem that if the DB is open, CF can't connect
to it.  The strange thing (in my opinion) is that CF actually wouldn't
start and the error that i saw in the logs was that it couldn't connect
to the DB (because the desktop app was open and had a connection to the
Access DB).  It doesn't seem to me that the inability to connect to the
DB shouldn't be something that hangs the starting of the entire CF
server. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a setting that I can
turn off to make it so it will at least start regardless of the DB
connection? Or perhaps this has been addressed by a hotfix?  Any
thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

John Burns
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
Wyle Laboratories, Inc. | Web Developer