From: Evan Lavidor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 10:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [CF-Talk] RE: Ben Forta, I call on thee (was: What is Fusebox)
-- Reply to Dave Watts.

>From Dave Watts' message:
> a) using Fusebox
> 1. index.cfm?fuseaction=left_nav
> 2. index.cfm?fuseaction=main
> 3. index.cfm?fuseaction=cmd_frame
> 4. index.cfm?fuseaction=data_frame
> 5. index.cfm?fuseaction=socket_frame

A question I've had about Fusebox and security/stability.  In some
enterprise sites I've dealt with I've found it a good practice not to pass
variables along the URL if possible.  It becomes very easy for someone to
"break" the app by altering URLs - something they actually have access to,
as opposed to FORM variables, (or session & client vars, etc.).  If
fuseactions are passed through the URL, doesn't this lead to the same
"instability"?

Evan

the body.