We've recently gone live using Windows Load balancing on Windows 2003
Server and CFMX7 for out Intranet  and about to go live with the same
but CFMX7 Enterprise for our internet sites. It works just fine with
CFMX - you're only load balancing port 80 at the end of the day. We're
using client variables stored in cookies for maintaining state - yeah
yeah I know client vars are the spawn of satan. CF Enterprise allows
you to pass sync sessions across instances etc etc if you use them.

We have it setup none sticky so requests alernate between either node
in the farm.

so far so good,

jb.