I like the appProxy.cfc, but take a step further an put all those
constants in an xml file that appProxy can parse. That way whoever is
deploying your app or managing the server (even if its you) won't have
to mess around with cf code. Then you can have seperate xml files for
your different deployments but a single build or the application.

-Adam