Like Dave (who regularly beats us all to the punch, I don't believe he ever
gets any real work done, that or he has figured out cloning) said.

;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 3:40 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Storing and retrieving images from SQL Server 2000

> Thanks for the response, but I'm curious as to why the documentation
> doesn't show the variable attribute for <cfcontent>
> http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/tags-a1
> 7.htm#wp2850760
>
> Is this going to be deprecated or is this new or what? I'm using CFMX
> 6.1.

The VARIABLE attribute is new to CFMX 7. In the absence of this attribute,
you will need to either write the file to disk then use CFCONTENT to refer
to the file, or you will need to encode the binary content appropriately
then output it yourself after the CFCONTENT tag.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction
at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore,
Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.