>>can you post a more informative error message?

OK - I put in some pseudo variables instead of using the ones from Flash
Remoting and got this when I call the CFC from a CFM:

----------------------
Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC
Microsoft Access Driver] The table 'Lessons' is already opened
exclusively by another user, or it is already open through the user
interface and cannot be manipulated programmatically.

The error occurred in
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\updateDatabase_2.cfc: line 11
Called from
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\invokeUpdateDB2CFC.cfm: line 2
Called from
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\updateDatabase_2.cfc: line 11
Called from
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\invokeUpdateDB2CFC.cfm: line 2

9 :                     UPDATE Lessons
10 :                    SET Lesson = <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" value="#lesson#">
11 :                    WHERE ID = <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER" value="#row#">
12 :         </cfquery>
13 :         <cfreturn #lesson#>
----------------------

Not sure how its being used by someone else, this is all being done
locally on my workstation and only have ColdFusion accessing the access
database.  I am also only using the Developer edition of ColdFusion MX
7, but that shouldn't matter because you get 2 IP addresses to connect
anyway, right?

What's going on here?

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.