We have all our current users currently in our users table.  The user table
has a userID, userUid and useremail among other fields (It's not structured
very well, but it was created before my time with the company).  I would
like to restructure it, but I'm not sure if it's possible as we currently
have 25+ clients running off this table, and it's very heavily used
(although most of the code for interacting with this table is in the same
cfc).  I would like to do 3 things with this table:

1.      Restructure and break up into multiple tables if possible without
affecting current clients
2.      We will be adding a lot of offline records (records without email
addresses) and lots of fields that are currently not in our users table.
What's the best way to add this data without just adding a bunch of fields
to an already messy table?  I also don't want to put these users in the same
table as it's possible that there will be a lot of them, and that they will
not have emails (meaning they are not online users).  This will be for the
crm tool that we are building, but that tool needs to work with both online
and offline users (ie. Those with and without email addresses).
3.      We have been using email address to guard against duplication.  This
will no longer be possible with these offline records.  How do you guys
manage duplicate users in your database and what are ways of deduping?

Russ