Web services are easier to keep everything straight with, because they
have specific methods, arguments, and return types.  However, if
you're just passing around XML documents, then you could get by with a
simple CFM (because all the data the web services would help you keep
straight will be inside the XML).  That'll probably be easier to write
a client for as well, since you just need HTTP, not the whole web
services rigamarole.

cheers,
barneyb

--