Hi George,

This is the piece of code that I am trying to rewrite in coldfusion :

RequestIF request = null;
request = new Request(RequestIF.AUTHORIZE);

I rewrote that as:

<cfobject action="create" type="java" class="RequestIF" name="reqif">
<cfset x=reqif.AUTHORIZE>
<cfset castresult=javacast("String",x)>
<cfobject action="create" type="java" class="Request" name="reqtype">
<cfset reqtype.init(#castresult#)>

I get the following error:

An exception occurred when instantiating a java object. The cause of this
exception was that: .