I'm at wits end. I am trying to get some special
characters, é (eacute), etc. to display. This is
a call to the UPS Online Tools License using
cfhttp with a single cfhttpparam of type "XML".
I've got this working except on the following
system:

Web Server: Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
CF Version: 6,1,0,63958

This server appears to have some different
defaults set up or whatnot as if I load a .cfm
file, in order for the characters to display
properly I have to place the following on the
page:

<cfprocessingdirective pageencoding="iso-8859-1">

cfcontent, meta tags, etc. have no effect. Only cfprocessingdirective.

Here is the plight. I can manually type those
special characters on the same page as where I'm
outputting cfhttp.filecontent (containing the
License text returned from UPS). They look fine,
yet the special characters returned from the UPS
server are not displaying properly. I've tried
adding charset="iso-8859-1" to the cfhttp tag and
have used all the possible combinations of
cfprocessingdirective, cfcontent and meta content
tags. The characters that are hard coded into the
file display properly only with the
cfprocessingdirective tag.

At what point between the UPS server and the page
output on the Linux CF server could I be losing
the encoded characters?

Thanks many many times in advance. :)
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations, Inc.

Web Based Solutions / eCommerce Development & Hosting
http://www.twcreations.com/ - http://www.cf-ezcart.com/
Toll Free: 877.207.6397 - Local & Int'l Phone/Fax: 386.789.0968