From: Rick Root [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 11:30 am
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Working with OPC (Other People's Code)

<rant>
I took over this job from another guy about almost 3 years ago.  Many of
the things he built I have rewritten.  In many cases, I found it easier
to rewrite them from scratch than to fix them or enhance them.

For example, here is a snippet of his code that exemplifies that type of
programming that he did:

<CFIF #FindNoCase("http://";, EVENTURL)# OR
        #FindNoCase("https://";, EVENTURL)#>
<CFELSEIF #Trim(EVENTURL)# IS "">
        <CFSET EVENTURL = EVENTURL>
<CFELSE>
        <CFSET EVENTURL = "http://"; & EVENTURL>
</CFIF>

Here is my version, rewritten:

<cfif EVENTURL neq "" and reFindNoCase("https?://",EVENTURL) eq 0>
        <cfset EVENTURL = "http://"; & EVENTURL>
</cfif>

Life is grand, ain't it?

</rant>