> For all troubles like this, I use Ethereal. Its a open source 
> network sniffer that lets you see what transactions are happening 
> over the wire. I've used it to find out many times where 
> connections were failing.
> 
> http://www.ethereal.com/
> 
> Of course, you won't be able to see the actual SSL packets 
> body, but you can see the request headers...

Well, if by "request headers" you mean the HTTP request and response
headers, you won't be able to see them by default. You will be able to see
the SSL certificate information and handshakes, etc. If you want to see the
content of HTTPS requests and responses, you'll need to use a tool that acts
as an SSL proxy, such as ssldump, I think.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized 
instruction at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta, 
Chicago, Baltimore, Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location. 
Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more information!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support 
efficiency by 100%
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:212781
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to