> Hi, This is sort of off topic, but I've spent hours trying
> to find what I'm looking for and I'm sure some of you
> other CF developers out there have needed something like
> this.  I'm looking for a javascript menu builder/code
> generator that does 'slide-down' menus.  I've found
> several, but most don't have code that's
> modifiable/readable.  My cilent won't allow me to use code
> that can't be modified.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks folks,

I'm not sure from the message what of the menu generation process you
want to automate (just the display or if you actually want to
dynamically create new menu items with JS). There's a reasonably
simple example of the former here:

http://www.fusiontap.com/docs/index.cfm?netaction=implement/mxhtml

(Scroll down to the middle of the page where you see the tabset and
select the tab labelled "menu".)

Of course, this is framework generated, and both the high-level
framework code and the middleware are much smaller and easier to read
than the end-result.

Here's an example of the high-level code:

<cfmodule template="#request.tapi.xhtml()#">
  <cfoutput>
      <tap:menu label="home" offsetx="0" offsety="12">
        <tap:menu label="submenu">
          <tap:menu label="submenu">
            <tap:menu label="submenu">
              <tap:menu label="submenu">
              </tap:menu>
            </tap:menu>
          </tap:menu>
        </tap:menu>
      </tap:menu>
  </cfoutput>
</cfmodule>

That's... 4 levels deep I believe.

The code to display it is pretty simple. Each child menu handle has an
onmouseover event which displays its menu. In the same event it
triggers/executes the onmouseover event of the parent menu, which
ensures that all parent menus remain open until a relevant mouseout
event. I suspect the generated html/javascript is more readable than
most javascript projects.

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with