Additionally you can use ECMAScript extensively in Laszlo. If you want
lazslo could take ECMAScript and name it something like CoolScript
instead of saying ECMAScript. Which is essentially what Macromedia
did...actionscript is just ECMAScript, for that matter so is
javascript. But anyways hopefulyl I'll have a working example of
Lazslo working with coldfusion some time soon (tm), since the
community seems to have a lack of examples out there. On a side note
might be slightly easier  than laszlo but that doesn't make laszlo
limited. I woudln't be suprised to see flex going open source in the
future...but who knows right :)

Adam H