Dave,

I have no personal preferences for either Flex or DHTML. And I am lucky to be
in a situation where I have hands on experience with both. Like I said before,
I think the best solution is a combination of Flex and DHTML. Flex just isn't
there on performance level yet. I think you really should think in ways of
combining them both.

After people here said, that it ran fine with them I wondered if they expanded
the preferences section. Did that run well? I've checked with multiple systems
if I was wrong, and they all showed up hogging the CPU to 100% while expanding.
Does expanding preferences really go smooth?

Regarding your negativity statements; I am open things and at least have the
balls to talk about things not working correctly, people have opinions. On a
list full of Macromedia "zealots" they might feel it is offensive to talk too
honestly about their favorite product or company in such a way, but those who
have criticism about products should be able to talk about it openly. If I am
wrong about things I have no problem acknowledging that. If you think I am
wrong, please discuss it with arguments.

With the Flex comment I just expressed my concerns regarding performance, when
doing more than reading RSS feeds. And I believe, watching at other reactions
on Flex for RIA development from real software architects, that it is a real
concern.

Flickr btw switched to DHTML a long time ago, and besided runtime image
modifications I didn't see the real use for Flash there either. Don't use Flash
because it is Flash, use it because it might solve a problem for you.

Micha Schopman
Project Manager

Modern Media, Databankweg 12 M, 3821 AL  Amersfoort
Tel 033-4535377, Fax 033-4535388
KvK Amersfoort 39081679, Rabo 39.48.05.380

Modern Media, Making You Interact Smarter. Onze oplossingen verbeteren de
interactie met uw doelgroep.
Wilt u meer omzet, lagere kosten of een beter service niveau? Voor meer
informatie zie www.modernmedia.nl