Hey All,

Around Electric Edge we have something called "The 15 Minute Rule".  I'm not
sure if this is a common sort of rule, but it sure does help keep development
moving ;-)

When the rule applies:

You've been staring at the same error or unexpected output and you've exhausted
your arsenal of coding kung fu and still can't get it sorted.  Around Electric
Edge we then call out "I'd like to invoke the 15 Minute Rule!".  At this pooint
any available developers will come over so you can share your heartache over
this mysterious situation you just can't solve.  One of them barely glances at
your code and says "You spelled that var name wrong" (you know....the one you
double checked 25 times becuase it was a var undefined error) and wanders back
to his/her desk leaving your jaw on the floor.

Although techies asking for help is often like guys asking for directions, it
does solve those "stupid" issues but quick ;-)

Anyways...just figured other teams may have similar "rules"??

I often use this list as my "15 minute rule"....hehe

Cheers

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc.