Client variables are similar to a session variable but they can only
store simple values (not structures like sessions) but they can be
stored in a database which multiple servers can read from. This allows
for scalability as your session information is shared between servers
that are load balanced.

What I have always done to save information like that is to set a cookie
after I set a session variable. Inside that cookie I have encrypted the
username and password of the person. I would then do a check to see if
the session is available and if it is not then re log them in with the
cookie information (of course if it is defined also) otherwise send them
to the login screen.

It is usually much more secure though to have the person re login if
they drop a window.

J.J. Merrick