------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C023A9.766A5860

Good Morning from the north,
I was wondering if anyone knows if CF has a maximum number of verity =
collections it can handle, or is it really just a hardware issue?

The reason I ask is, I have a need to search documents to which a user =
has access. Right now, files are uplaoded to a directory with a name =
that matches a category in the DB. In other words, if in my DB a user =
has permission to category 12, I then need to search for files in folder =
12. The only way I can see to handle this is to have seperate =
collections for each category, which will likely reach into the =
thousands. Other than that, I can possibly append the category ID to =
every file name when it is uploaded, then parse the verity result set =
for files with permitted IDs in the name prior to outputing the page, =
but that seems as smart as curring the lawn with scissors.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C023A9.766A5860

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good Morning from the =
north,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was wondering if anyone knows if CF =
has a maximum=20
number of verity collections it can handle, or is it really just a =
hardware=20
issue?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The reason I ask is, I have a need to =
search=20
documents to which a user has access. Right now, files are uplaoded to a =

directory with a name that matches a category in the DB. In other words, =
if in=20
my DB a user has permission to category 12, I then need to search for =
files in=20
folder 12. The only way I can see to handle this is to have seperate =
collections=20
for each category, which will likely reach into the thousands. Other =
than that,=20
I can possibly append the category ID to every file name when it is =
uploaded,=20
then parse the verity result set for files with permitted IDs in the =
name prior=20
to outputing the page, but that seems as smart as curring the lawn with=20
scissors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jim</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C023A9.766A5860--