> If a custom tag has been changed and deployed to a
> production enviroment
> but has the old version cached is there a way to force it
> to recognize the
> new version without restarting the server to clear cache?

Hi Casey. If it's a CFML tag, check the ColdFusion directories for a
directory containing a bunch of .class files which resemble the names
of the templates in your application. One of those files is generated
from your custom tag. You can delete just the tag you're having a
problem with, if you can isolate it by name, but I generally just
delete them all -- they're all created when the CFML file is compiled
anyway. I never had a problem with this until recently -- the servers
at my day job have had this problem a couple times. Of course, this
may not be your problem, but it's a possibility. Apparently sometimes
CF gets confused and doesn't see that there's a newer version of the
CFML template, so it doesn't delete and recreate the class file.

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework