Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.  I do work in the Healthcare industry,
however, and until recently, my wife did as well.  All in all, this is
my non-legally-binding opinion.

If you are going to use a third-party host, make sure *no* information
is personally identifiable.  ESPECIALLY if diagnosis or diagnosis codes
are involved.  No SSN's, no names, no addresses, etc.

I assume your contract with CrystalTech includes an NDA?  Find out if
that's going to be enough to cover you in the event that a CT employee
reads and shares your data.  I'm *not* implying anything about CT, their
business, their practices, or their employees.  That's merely something
to keep in mind.

Find and talk to a lawyer who is familiar with HIPAA and IT.  That may
take some doing, but it'd be worth it.

If I sound like I'm going just a tad overboard, it's for a reason.  I've
seen (seperately) a large chain of medical facilities (Name obviously
withheld) nearly forced to close its doors permanantly due to HIPPA
violations, and the executive management of an HMO (ditto) mass-sacked
and replaced to avoid a similar fate.  HIPAA regulators aren't screwing
around.

Matt Osbun
Web Developer
Health Systems, International