I am trying this because IE likes to cache graphics and we can't seem to force
it to let go.  It doesn't seem to work.
Is there a way to tell IE to expire the graphics it takes without telling users
to clear temporary internet files or renaming graphics?

Mary

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|        |                       |
|        |          09/20/2000   |
|        |          06:46 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          cf-talk      |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Mary Baotic/na/Hyperion)                               |
  |       Subject:     RE: AOL and interactive sites [CF-Talk]                 |

> sometime the problem with AOL is the way it caches everything it finds.
>
> using the cfheader tag you can manually expire the cache.
>
> I cannot remember the exact syntax but it can be done.

Something like this (shared by another cf-talker some time ago):

Put this after the </head>:

<CFHEADER Name="Expires" Value="Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT">
<CFHEADER NAME="pragma" VALUE="no-cache">
<CFHEADER NAME="cache-control" VALUE="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate">

 ... or the paranoid version:

<CFSET gmts = gettimezoneinfo()>
<CFSET gmt = gmts.utcHourOffset>
<CFIF gmt EQ 0>
  <CFSET gmt = "">
<CFELSEIF gmt GT 0>
  <CFSET gmt = "+" & gmt >
</CFIF>
<CFHEADER NAME="Expires" VALUE="Mon, 06 Jan 1990 00:00:01 GMT">
<CFHEADER NAME="Pragma" VALUE="no-cache">
<CFHEADER NAME="cache-control" VALUE="no-cache, must-revalidate">
<CFHEADER NAME="Last-Modified" VALUE="#dateformat(now(), 'ddd, dd mmm
yyyy')# #timeformat(now(), 'HH:mm:ss')# GMT#gmt#">

Ron Allen Hornbaker
President/CTO
Humankind Systems, Inc.
http://humankindsystems.com