Are you logging into the FTP server manually on the CF box?

(We've had similar problems were it turned out people were defending the
infrastructure by saying "it works for me".  What they meant was that it
worked from their desktop - the CF Server was blocked from doing the same
thing by a firewall rule.)

If it's a windows machine you can easily create a command line batch file to
do the task and run it (via CFEXECUTE) using CF Schedule.  If all else fails
this might be a good stopgap to get you up and running.

Creating a batch file might not be a bad idea in any case - at least it can
be used to test connectivity when CF is having problems.

Jim Davis