You still need dreamweaver  (even if it is just for the template creation) -
that is my point.  Without it Contribute is not very effective.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 August 2005 15:20
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Looking for very simple CMS

> Contribute it not a CMS tool nowhere near and is nigh on
> useless without using StreetSweeper MX aka DWMX 2004.

Contribute certainly is a CMS tool. It isn't a server-side CMS application,
but it does provide workflow and approval functionality in a very
easy-to-use interface. As for being useless without Dreamweaver, that's a
bit of a stretch. You typically use Dreamweaver to create templates, library
items and shared assets for Contribute sites, but once that's done, you
don't need Dreamweaver at all, and end-users never need it. We've done
several Contribute implementations where we designed those assets for our
clients using Dreamweaver, and they didn't need to use Dreamweaver at all.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/