>>None of them do exactly what we want

What for instance would you like to have?

I've designed my own, because I didn't find any (at that time) which had
all the characteristics
I thought should belong to an HTML editor in a good CMS.

- a good CMS should NOT allow users to use HTML to fulfill all their
fantasies.
So, users should not be able to define any color, font size and what
ever, instead, they
should be able to select a style (or a class) the site designers have
designed for them.
- a good HTML editor should be callable from several places in a form,
each instance
having it's own set of tools and styles available to the user. For
instance when editing
a News Release, I ask the user to fill a summary and the main content. I
don't want him
to have access to all the tools for the summary, not even to bold, since
this is handled
by the News Release template any way.
- a good HTML Editor should not be embeded in a textarea, instead, it
should open a new window
which can be resized any sized to resemble the final page the text is
intended,
otherwise it is not really WYSIWYG.
- a good HTML editor should not allow pasting from MS Word with no basic
cleaning.

Finally, the HTML editor should not allow users to upload any image anytime.
The problem with HTML Editors is that they are completely independant
from the CMS system.
Images should be managed by some tool in the CMS admin module, and
registered in the database,
including image sizes, some title, description etc.
Then, the CMS provides some tool  to select and display images from the
database, not the editor.

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;