> > Contribute is around $150 per seat. Hosting companies
> > don't offer it; it doesn't require a server-side component.
> > It's a WYSIWYG HTML authoring tool. Typically, you use it
> > with Dreamweaver templates.
>
> Then it is not really a CMS.

Really? There are plenty of people (myself included) who would disagree.
Within a Contribute site, you can control what authors can do within an HTML
page, and you can control who can edit which pages. The administrator of the
Contribute site uses Contribute itself to administer the site, create user
accounts, specify permissions, and so on. All this can be done within
Dreamweaver as well.

> That makes it a CES, Content Editing System, rather than a
> Content Management System. For me the management part is the
> workflow portion.

For you, perhaps. However, it is considered a CMS product by the CMS world
at large, for what that's worth. In addition, you can implement limited
workflow (draft and approval process) within a Contribute site. The
server-side CMS component allows greater flexibility with this, but even
using just Contribute you can specify that an author can't publish something
without an editor's approval.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/