This morning we started experiencing a problem where whenever we tried to
connect to a certain Oracle DSN, the CPU on the ColdFusion (jrun.exe) server
spikes to 100% and stays there until the CF service is restarted.

The database server seems to be working correctly as applications that directly
connect to it are up and running.

The ColdFusion and web server seem to work fine as long as one does not go to
any pages that tries to connect to this database.

The DSN checks out as OK in the CF Administrator.

We have just confirmed that a second CF/Web server also experiences the 100%
CPU issue when connecting to this one database.

What can we do to see what is going on between the servers, since the problem
does not seem to be at either end.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.