From: John Olmstead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 2:33 PM
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: Re: Open Lazlo vs. Flex

> Laszlo also doesnt support the same type of customization especially
> with components that flex does so if you need a completely custom or
> fitting look then flex is the choice.

As software engineer and a member of the team that built Earthlink's new Laszlo
based web mail product (now in Beta), I can say that this statement is
absolutely incorrect. Earthlink wanted a look-and-feel entirely their own, so
every component in the application was customized specifically for the product.
Since all Laszlo components are open source and defined in the Laszlo language,
they can be easily re-skinned, customized, or extended. Defining your own
custom components from scratch is also not only possible, but fairly straight
forward given the powerful capabilities of the Laszlo language.

Having never used Flex, I can't speak to its capabilities. I however have yet
to see an example of a Flex application that rivals Laszlo.

John Olmstead
Software Engineer
Laszlo Systems