Tom,

If your CTO is dead set on not using CFML and you need to get knee deep
in ASP.Net, then I suggest picking up the following book:

Build Your Own ASP.NET Website Using C# & VB.NET
http://www.sitepoint.com/books/aspnet1/

Its, IMO, the best book around. Its straight to the point without being
as big as War & Peace. You'll still need a good C# reference but this
book will give you the fundamentals you'll need to start working.

Rey...

--
http://www.ReyBango.com